Sunday, November 30, 2008

Unhappy Gays?

Gays unhappy about Catholic comparison?

Plea to Diehard Catholics &Protestants to Repent

Having clearly seen how the practice of homosexuality is a sin (as I testify in God and the Gays), I can now see clearly how SPIRITUAL HOMOSEXUALS, the bloody Roman Catholic whore and her Protestant prostitute daughters (Rev. 17:5), prefer tradition over truth.

***************************

I received this heartfelt email:

Hi David,

I wanted to comment on your comparison of gays to the legacy of the Roman Catholic Church by referring to that church and the followers of Protestant churches as "SPIRITUAL HOMOSEXUALS."

I am offended by that comment. I think I know what you're intending to say, but believe it is an inappropriate comparison. The legacy of the Roman Catholic Church thru the centuries is rooted in persecution, cruelty and blood letting. Throughout much of its sordid history, many of beliefs and actions have been directly inspired by Satan - the deceiver of the whole world.

In fact, the legacy of traditional Catholic and Protestant religion includes the demonizing and persecution of homosexuals.

Yes, you're right that practicing a gay lifestyle that includes active homosexual relationships is sin. As we know, most homosexuals did not "choose" to have a homosexual orientation. I certainly didn't. I assume that you didn't. Humanly, most are following their emotions - trying to find love, affection and connection in the only way they know how - just like the straights are trying to find the same thing.

Yes, the gays are "sinning" - and they do need to repent - just like the rest of humankind. You and I know how painful coping with this issue can be. And you also know - in a personal way that I don't - how much compassion is needed for those who are coping with AIDS.

Humanly, I understand the reasoning of the homosexuals. If I didn't know about God's plan - and if I hadn't been called into His Church - I can see how I could easily be out there with them. It really is a: "But for God's grace go I" situation.The gays are in a painful, conflicted situation.

You of course, also know that. Many of them don't know how to "repent" the way most heterosexuals think they should. Yet most of them will do that someday. They will do it, because they'll see an outstretched compassionate hand wanting to help them - not just condemn them. Yes, you are right - the gays are sinning. But, to my mind, it's inappropriate to compare them directly to the false church - spiritual Babylon and her harlot daughters - when countless homosexuals themselves have often been the victims of cruelty from these false churches!

If you've ever been to the Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington D.C. you may have seen the display about the "pink triangle" homosexual victims of World War II. They were victims of cruelty that most people, even now, don't hear about. They were demonized, along with the Jews and others, as being "worthy" of being treated cruelly. Those atrocities happened while the Roman Catholic Church remained silent. The powerful experience since seeing that display sticks with me.

Yes, the gays are sinning and need to repent, along with the rest of the world. They will do that someday - with us there to help them. I think I know what you're meaning to say - but the way you said it seems to demonize an already alienated, sinning group of people, who need to be shown the way to repentance.

Please take my comments as a difference of perspective. It's not a personal thing.

[Name withheld by request]

*************************

Hello .....,

I hope I made myself clear, and it appears you do understand, that I was referring to the PRINCIPLE of being in love/lust with traditions/ourselves/same sex rather than in love with God and not all the other billion issues we both know that accompany homosexuality. Some Protestants undoubtedly would take issue with me comparing them to whores and prostitutes and say they all haven't chosen whoredoms willingly, at least initially, etc.

I haven't been to the Holocaust thing in DC but I have been to Yad Vashem - the mother of all Holocaust museums in Jerusalem - and they don't have the homosexual victims' category (at least not the last time I was there), as many know, as The Pink Swastika exposes, many Nazis were homosexuals and they often only persecuted the queens [the effeminate]. Have you read it? I have several times and heard one of the co-authors, Kevin Abrams, lecture on it in Jerusalem.

I'll think about this more later. Just a quick response for now.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They are much appreciated.

*************************

God and the Gays - To Be or Not to Be (Part 1)
Homosexuality.... Is it a matter of choice? Are some born that way? And if so, then how could God condemn it? Or does He? Does it make a difference?

God and the Gays - All That Glitters Isn't Gold (Part 2)
The gay bar scene or high risk promiscuous sex... Is it so happy-go-lucky? Something so sweet and wonderful we'd "wish you were here?" Or is it actually something you wouldn't wish upon your worst enemy?

God and the Gays - Once Gay, Always Gay? (Part 3)
Once gay always gay? How about once an adulterer always an adulterer? Better yet, once a sinner always a sinner (1 Cor. 6:11; 1 John 1:9)? WHO says so?

God and the Gays - Of Vice and Men (Part 4)
Everyone - gay or straight - has the "fire" within (1 Cor. 7:9). Some burn more than others, but it's still there. God understands proper sexual desire and simply commands that we develop His character to control and channel it. He knows our human need to love and be loved, to touch and feel, to give of ourselves totally in a reciprocal relationship.

God and the Gays - A Time to Heal (Part 5)
God calls people from all walks of life and performs a miracle in their minds: they're offered a fresh perspective, given a new outlook, and enabled to try a different approach (Philip. 2:5). Their former "records" aren't held against them and they're started out with a new attitude and identity (2 Cor. 5:17).

God and the Gays - Make Up Your Mind (Part 6)
We can make things easier or more difficult for ourselves. Either you're totally convinced God's way is right and worth living, or you're not sure and continually ride the fence and risk rupture; tormenting yourself and sending out conflicting signals and confusing signs (Matt. 6:24; 7:16).

*****************

Scarlet Letter: A Christian With AIDS
The following is a actual letter I sent to a close Christian friend in 1999, immediately after I was diagnosed with HIV. Since then the HIV has progressed on into AIDS.

Does God Heal Today?
When I was first diagnosed with the HIV virus, I read innumerable articles on it and later suffered from an information overload and depressing confusion. One article would speak in favor of taking the highly toxic HIV/AIDS medicines, and then I'd read another one that spoke against it with just as convincing of an argument.

No comments: